Type of Applications
- Volunteer Firefighter program, applicants must be at least 18 years of ages
- Junior Volunteer Firefighters program, applicants must be between 16 and 18 years of age;
• will be required to pass a department physical agility test.
• will be required to pass a medical examination.
• will be required to comply with Workers Compensation Board requirements.
• will be required to live within a reasonable responding distance from the Fire Hall. • will be required to carry and care for a pager.
If your application is accepted, the applicant will be placed on a 6-month probationary period. During this period, the probationary firefighter will be expected to hold a 100% training attendance. The probationary firefighters will be evaluated during and at the end of this period to determine their suitability as a firefighter.